25 Questions to ask any Wedding Venue before you Sign
Before you fork over a hefty deposit, make sure you’ve got all the information you’ll need to make the best decision for your wedding. With all the excitement of planning, it’s easy to forget to ask some fairly important housekeeping questions. We’ve put together this list to get you started with the question-asking and also to ensure the key elements are covered. If you’ve chosen venues from our pre-vetted list, you won’t have to ask any questions about their position on couple diversity.
Now, to the housekeeping questions to ask:
- Do you have our date available?
- Have you hosted a same-sex wedding before?
- How many people can the space hold? (Seated or Standing?)
- Will there be other weddings on the same day? (Can we hire on an exclusive basis?)
- Is there overnight accommodation available? (If so, how much?)
- What is the fee for the space rental?
- What exactly does that fee include? (Sometimes it’s just the space, sometimes it may be all-inclusive – tables, chairs, linens, lighting, catering, etc.)
- Can I see a sample of items you provide?
- What is excluded from the rental fee?
- How many hours does the rental rate include? (And how much is an additional hour?)
- How many parking spots are available for guests? (Is it free?)
- Is there additional parking available if needed? (Is this an extra cost?)
- Can we use any vendor? (Sometimes venues have lists of preferred vendors in place.)
- Do you do all the setup and tear down of items included in the fee?
- If the ceremony and reception will be held in the same place, will you have the time and resources to make this a seamless transition?
- Are there private dressing rooms available for wedding party setup?
- If we have an outdoor element, is there a back-up location if the weather is bad?
- Are there any restrictions on the use of the space? (Photography, videography drone, out-of-bounds areas?)
- Are there any noise restrictions?
- Do you allow fireworks/horse & carriage/confetti/candles/unicorns? (If you’re planning it, ask about it up front.)
- Do I need to get any permits, licenses or insurance for the wedding?
- How much is the deposit? (And when is the balance due?)
- What forms of payment do you take?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Do you allow pets?
Please follow and like us: