Simple Ingredients for a #DIY White #Wedding Cake
You don’t have to be Gordon Ramsay or Martha Stewart to pull off a tantalizing cake.
Set a weekend aside, grab these few ingredients, and practice your baking skills with this simple recipe.
Ingredients list (for shopping) : white cake flour, milk, large eggs, almond extract, vanilla extract, white granulated sugar, baking powder, table salt and unsalted butter. You will also need two 8-inch cake pans. (If you change the size of the pans be sure to adjust the cooking time.)
Before mixing, ensure all your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 8-inch cake pans.
- Combine 1 cup milk and 6 large egg whites (both at room temp) with 2 teaspoons almond extract and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Mix with a fork until blended.
- Mix 2 1/4 cups cake flour, 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, 4 teaspoons baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt in the bowl of an electric mixer at slow speed. Add 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter (softened but still cool), cut into cubes and continue to mix on low for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add all but 1/2 cup of milk mixture to flour mixture and beat at medium speed for 1 1/2 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup of milk mixture and beat for about 1 minute.
- Pour batter evenly between two prepared cake pans.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 27 to 30 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool to room temperature.
Test your cake. Have others test your cake. (Send cake to me.) Tweak the recipe as needed.
For frosting tips, check out this trendy ombre frosting video lesson:
Please follow and like us: